The center of the world!
Morières lès Avignon
(“Morières close to Avignon”) lies at 8km south of the Papal City (Avignon)
, on the way to Isle-sur-Sorgue
(27km) and Apt
(43km), not far from the Vaucluse mountains and the Luberon.
Ideally located, Morières caters to the expectations of the entire family or all your friends, whether they:
are into sports…
→ golf players (“Garden Golf d’Avignon” at 150m, “Golf du Grand Avignon” at 10km, or the Saumane golf course “Provence Country Club” at 22km)
→ canoe enthusiasts, along the Sorgue, from its still mysterious source at Fontaine de Vaucluse (20km),
horse riders (Ventoux, Camargue), hikers (Alpilles, ochre quarries, Luberon, Mont Ventoux…), or rope course aficionados (Mormoiron),
→ cycling enthusiasts: the famous Mont Ventoux is so close that a few die-hards have already “done it” from Morières (and back)!
- interested in culture and…
→ theater goers (Avignon Theater Festival)
→ into opera (Chorégies d’Orange, Festival d’Aix en Provence), piano music (Festival de la Roque d’Anthéron), ballet (Vaison-la-Romaine), etc.
→ history buffs who just love old/antique buildings (Avignon and Villeneuve, Arles, Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Orange, Vaison, Carpentras, Sénanque, Gordes, Cavaillon, etc.);
→ love to stroll along Provence markets: Eygalières (Fri), Isle sur la Sorgue (Sun), Vaison la Romaine (Mon), Villeneuve lez Avignon (Thu)…
→ bargain hunters (antique shops at Isle sur Sorgue and countless flea markets).
At the end of a perfect day—or to set the mood for an unforgettable evening in downtown Avignon or Isle sur la Sorgue—nothing beats a good glass of pastis or wine from the “Terres d’Avignon” wine grower cooperative
(at a mere 1.2km) on Nectarines en Provence’s sunny terrace and/or right by the pool!
Of course, we can also give you the address of a few excellent wine growers (and friends of ours) where you can taste some of the finest Côtes du Rhône wines. Châteauneuf du Pape, Vacqueyras and Gigondas are world-renowned.
Welcome to Les Nectarines!
Need a break? Is the weather in your part of the world getting to you? Are you in dire need of some quality time with quality wine, cheese and baguette/pain au chocolat/croissant?
You’ve come to the right place! Have a look below and then contact us. Booking Les Nectarines en Provence will be one of your smartest decisions of the year.
- At 800m from Morières
- A 2-minute drive from Avignon Airport (CityJet)
- Other airports nearby: Nîmes and Marignane
- At 8km from Avignon
- Close to motorway exit “Avignon Sud”
- At 2km from the “Mistral 7” shopping mall
- Public transport: bus lines 3 and 4 to Avignon
- Train station (for Avignon, Marseille, Marignane)
- At 20 minutes from Avignon TGV train station
- 10 (L) x 4 (B) m, 1,50m deep
- LED spots, paddle section (1m) for small children
- Heat pump to accommodate swimmers from April through late October
Meet the pool.
- TV (satellite reception), DVD player, HiFi
- Internet/WiFi in the entire house
- Washing machine, laundry line
- Central heating + fire place
- Vacuum cleaner
- Barbecue (Weber), coal
- Sufficient tableware & cutlery for 8
- 6 deckchairs next to the pool
- Bedlinnen, towels
- Free-standing house (162m²), 2 levels
- Quiet and very pleasant neighborhood
- Extremely nice, helpful and welcoming French neighbors
- At 150m from “Garden Golf d’Avignon”
- Garden (1200m²)
- 4 bedrooms x 2 beds (2x twin beds), for a total of 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 toilets (separate from the bathrooms)
- Living/dining room (±40m²)
- 35m² raised terrace (facing south) with roof, pool view
- Separate kitchen (fully equipped, brand new), with electric stove & oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, etc.
- “American fridge”, with cool water on tap and automatic ice cube station
- Garage (for bicycles, for instance)
+33 608 63 01 93
• Wij spreken Nederlands.
• We speak English.
• Wir sprechen Deutsch.
• Parliamo italiano.
• Nous parlons français.
Changeover day is usually Saturday but if other days are requested, we try to be flexible.
→In order to maintain our high standards of cleanliness visitors are asked to leave by 10.00am on departure day and arrive after 4.00pm.
6 chemin des Nectarines,
(Motorway exit: Avignon Sud)
How about flying over?
You can fly to Marseille Marignane (Ryanair and lots of other carriers) or Nîmes Garons (Ryanair), both of which are at about 40 minutes from here.